Average internet marketers do not bother putting the keyword(s) into the name of the files or the videos they display on their sites. There are very few of them who use some sophisticated methods such as applying keyword rich titles, contents or developing online videos.
Optimizing video is becoming very common these days. A term ‘Blended search’ has become quite familiar in the field of internet marketing. It is a method of showing maps, stories, news, feedbacks, images and videos along with the regular search results. The easiest way to improve the page ranking can be done by optimizing the video contents taking the benefit of blended search.
Search engines like Yahoo and MSN still display the standard search results for their searched items mostly, where the most popular search engines Google offers blended search. Google not only shows the blended search i. e. showing the videos but most of the time these videos rank above the text pages on the first page.
The most attractive thing is that the searched keywords for which Google provides video results have far better chance of appearing on the first result page than any other keywords. Still there are only a few internet marketers who show interest in optimizing videos and this is the reason why the most videos are not well optimized in Google’s index. Therefore, you can have a good chance of getting the best page rank if you optimize your videos sincerely.
Following are the tips using which you can optimize your videos online to achieve the best rank in search engines:
- While inserting videos you have to use keyword rich texts as descriptions, titles or the contents related to the videos. Most of all search engines love to visit the websites that places keyword rich material describing their videos.
- Include keyword into the filename of the videos.
- Optimize the videos in YouTube by typing the keywords, titles and tags.
- Try to host the videos on YouTube and insert those videos into the website of your own. According to Google, it is said that the Google algorithm consider the number of times the video has been viewed.
- Insert the videos into the related text pages of your own website. The contents offered by the text pages which are expected to be optimized as well will be helpful in figuring out the matters of the videos uploaded by you.
- It is also good to develop a video library in your website which can help Google in finding the video content. Writing keyword wealthy annotations for each video saved in the library will make the job further easier.
- Google is flexible enough to recognize lots of formats like power point, screen capture or slide shows to index your videos. Google cannot see the content of your videos and searches for other methods to determine the content of your videos. As the Google spiders cannot fully read the flash content you have to submit your videos using a video sitemap.
- Focusing on long-tailed keyword can be helpful in improving ranking. The title of the video is extremely important and the title and the search phrase should match the title of the video.
- You should firs create a YouTube channel and the name of the channel should match your business. It would be further helpful if you give a name embedding a keyword. Though it may sometimes become difficult to find your desired name. You also have to select a name which is not more than 30 characters.
- Try to get back links on your videos.
Optimizing videos are easier way to improve page ranking and competing with any well established site for ranking. These well-optimized videos will help you to achieve a rank in the first page in YouTube earlier than a website.